Current teaching at the University of Glasgow
- I teach Level 2B course Inequalities and Identities.
- At Honours level, I convene and teach the Diaspora: The Experience of Displacement, Difference and Migration.
- At Masters level, I convene and teach Class and Stratification.
- I am the Sociology Postgraduate Convenor for Taught Programmes, responsible for:
- MSc Sociology
- MRes Sociology and Research Methods
- MSc Equality and Human Rights
- MRes Equality and Human Rights
Previous Teaching at the University of Glasgow
- Level 2B course Inequalities and Identities.
- At Honours level, Sociology of Gender Relations.
- At Honours level, General Paper.
- Masters' level, Class and Stratification.
- Convened the University of Glasgow Sociology Seminar Series.
Previous Teaching at UK Universities
- Migration and Citizenship (Middlesex University, 3rd year module)
- Sociological Imagination and Investigation (University of Warwick, 1st year module)
- Gender Analysis and Development Practice (University of Warwick, MA module)
- International Perspectives on Gender (University of Warwick, 1st year module)
- Gender, Class and Empire (University of Warwick, 1st year module)
- Africa: Postcolonial Perspectives (University College London, 3rd year module)
- Geography of Global Poverty and Development (University College London, 2nd year module)
Sylwia Sajid: UK Poles and interethnic relationships: attitudes and experiences, University of Glasgow.
Stephen Trotter: Leavening Society - Religious institutions' role in integrating migrants in Norway, University of Glasgow.
William Suk: Transnationalism, kinship and activism among the Zimbabwean diaspora in South Africa and the United Kingdom, external supervisor, registered with Syracuse University, the US.
Helen Shipman: Conceptualizing child sexual abuse: voices from an informal settlement in Nairobi, successfully defended December 2016, University of Huddersfield.
Gloria Seruwagi: Examining the agency and construction of 'Orphans and Vulnerable Children' in rural Uganda, successfully defended January 2013, University of Huddersfield.